Advanced Settlement overview
Advanced Settlement is a product offered by WorldPay that enables Payment Facilitators to use WorldPay’s settlement engine. Under Advanced Settlement, the merchant can be boarded with multiple different bank accounts that can be set to receive specific types of funds. This is currently available on the VANTIV_V1 processor.
Below is a list of requirements that must be met before Advanced Settlement can be enabled for a Finix Payment Facilitator. Please allow 24-48 business hours for Finix to complete the requirements.
- White-labeled customer Dashboard
- A deployed configuration for the white-labeled Dashboard with Advanced Settlement selected
- VANTIV_V1 processor configured
This workflow is a high-level overview of how to onboard a new merchant onto Finix’s Dashboard and how to enable the merchant to use the Advanced Settlement feature.
Note: This workflow uses mock data from Finix’s sandbox environment.
Board a new Merchant
1. Click on the Applications tab on the left navigation bar. Click on the Create Application button. A new screen appears. Enter the customer provided business and processor information. Complete all the fields. This creates a new Application.
Note: Creating an Application is an optional step if an Application for the merchant does not exist.
2. Under the Application, select the Identities tab and select Create New Identity.
3. Fill out the necessary information and select Submit.
4. Under the Application Identity, select the Payment Instruments tab on the left-hand navigation, click on the Add Bank Account button. Enter the customer provided information. Click the Submit button. Enter multiple bank accounts. Advanced Settlement allows a Payment Facilitator to choose from and use multiple bank accounts. The bank accounts appear in the table.
5. On the Processor page, under the Processors tab click on the Provision Merchant button. The Enable identity merchant pop up modal appears.
Under the Advanced Settlement Bank Accounts drop-down, select the appropriate bank accounts to use for Advanced Settlement. Click on the down chevron next to the bank account to see additional details. Click the Enable button.
|Note: The same bank account can be selected for multiple fields.|
6. The merchant information is sent to WorldPay. The merchant’s status in the Dashboard is “Provisioning” until it is either Approved or Rejected. Click on the Merchant link to view additional onboarding progress details.
When the merchant is successfully boarded, the State changes from “Provisioning” to “APPROVED”.