Some customer actions on the Flex platform can only be completed via a Support ticket. A customer action that must be completed via a Support is to update or correct a rejected Merchant application.
Merchant application onboarding
A successful Merchant application creates a Merchant Identity on the Flex platform. In the onboarding process, the Merchant application has three potential states. A successful Merchant state shows an "Approved" status on the Dashboard and or via the Flex APIs response payload. A list of the available Merchant onboarding states are listed below:
- Provisioning: The Merchant application is in a pending state and is awaiting approval or rejection.
- Approved: The Merchant is approved and can begin processing payments.
- Rejected: The Merchant is rejected. The Merchant is rejected by the payment processor. Reasons for rejection include but are not limited to:
- Merchant information was incorrect or invalid.
- Merchant failed a regulatory or compliance check.
Note: If the Merchant is rejected by the payment processor, a report detailing the reasoning will be available on the Dashboard.
Correcting or updating a merchant application
If a Merchant application is rejected due to insufficient or incorrect boarding information, the Flex customer is sent a notification in the form of:
- Email notification due to insufficient or incorrect self-registration information from Finix.
- If rejected by the processor, a Dashboard notification detailing the rejected Merchant onboarding state.
- If rejected by the processor, a webhook notification detailing the rejected Merchant onboarding state.
To correct a Merchant application form, submit a Support ticket with the updated and correct Merchant information. Finix will resubmit the application for correction.