Note: This document will be updated periodically as new features and functions are added to the Flex platform.
The Finix Flex (Flex) platform provides software companies interested in taking payments in-house with a simple and scalable payments strategy. Flex is a lightweight entry into the payment facilitation model.
This document is a high-level overview of the Flex platform. This document includes API interactions and functionality, as well as workflows. This guide is organized into three sections:
- Creating a merchant
- Creating a buyer
- Processing payments
|Note: The workflows and APIS are available at: https://flex.finixpayments.com/|
Creating a merchant
The first step in setting up a Flex customer is to create and onboard a Merchant via the white-labeled Merchant application form. Merchant onboarding is completed using the Flex online form. This online form is customizable to reflect the Flex customer's brand guidelines.
The online form is used to create a Merchant Identity (represented with the MUxxxx ID). The Merchant Identity represents the Merchant onboarded under the Flex customer.
Complete merchant application
|Note: This step can only be completed via the Merchant application form.|
1. Access the Merchant application. This should have been provided to you by your Finix Flex partner. Submit a ticket to Support if you encounter any issues accessing the white-labeled form.
2. Enter in Merchant information. The form captures the following information listed below. Click the Save & Continue button to move to the next page.
- Merchant information including but not limited to:
- Legal business name
- Tax ID/ EN
- Business address
- Payments information including but not limited to:
- Type of services provided
- Annual gross revenue
- Average transaction size
- Payment instrument information including the bank account to be paid into. At the time of publication, the bank account must be located in the United States.
The submitted form creates a Merchant Identity and Merchant payment instrument on the Flex platform.
Set up the merchant fee profile
A fee profile is created in collaboration with a Finix Support team member. The fee profile represents a pricing scheme that automatically applies fees to each transaction. The fee profile only impacts the pricing for the Merchant under the Flex customer. The fee profile for a Merchant can be updated at any time. To update a fee profile for a Merchant(s), submit a Support ticket.