Note: At the time of publication, Finix is redesigning the user interface of the Dashboard. Some functions or features may look different. Check back for updates.
This document uses mock data from Finix's sandbox environment. Some features and functions may be unavailable depending on your platform configuration.
We rolled out new features and functions to the Dashboard. These features and functions improve the customer operational workflow. If you have any questions, contact your Customer Success Manager or submit a Support ticket.
New features and functions
The statement descriptor feature allows users to display additional information in a merchant’s deposit statement. The statement options are: 1.) Default (the current setting for the merchant), 2.) the Merchant Identification Number (MID) and name of the merchant, or 3.) the MID and date of the transaction.
This feature can be set on an individual merchant account or an application or enabled for a platform. To enable this feature for the platform, submit a Support ticket. This feature requires ROLE_PLATFORM credentials.
To enable the statement descriptor function:
1. Navigate to the Merchant or Application details page.
2. Click the Edit button at the top right.
3. The Update Merchant Settings window appears. Click on the Deposit Statement Descriptor section. From the drop-down, select your option.
4. Click Save to save your changes.
Note: If you enable this setting on the Application level, only merchants that are added after the change will inherit the setting. Changes to the settings do not retroactively update merchants. Changes to the Platform level must be completed via a Support ticket.
Add ancillary fee to the fee profile
Users can now add two additional fee types to a merchant or application fee profile. Payment facilitators can add a new fee by editing the existing fee profile via APIs on the Admin Developer Docs or via the Dashboard
Via the Admin Developer Docs
Via the Dashboard
To edit a fee profile:
1. Navigate to the FEE AND RISK PROFILE tab for a merchant or application.
2. Click the Create Fee Profile button to display fee profile fields.
3. Under the "Select Fee Type" dropdown, select "Ancillary Fee #1". Click the Add button. The new fee field appears and you can add the fee and then click the Create Profile button to save changes. Complete this action for ancillary fee #2.
In-product notification feature
We added a new notification feature on the Dashboard. This feature notifies Dashboard users of new features and updates. Click on the bell icon at the top right of the Dashboard to view notifications. New notifications will be highlighted with a blue circle that will disappear after a week.
Search by Fee ID
You can now search by Fee ID (prefix of FExxxx).
Note: By default, all filters will show data for the last 30 days.
We added new settlement filters. Now you can filter by four different types of settlement status. The new filters available include:
- Accruing: Lists settlements that are accruing transfers that have been marked ready to settle
- Awaiting Approval: Lists settlements that have stopped accruing and can be approved
- Staged Funding Instructions: Lists settlements whose initial funding instructions have been overridden by an API call and can be approved
- Approved: Lists all approved settlements
To add a filter, search the appropriate criteria, and then click Done button. Multiple filters can be created and combined to narrow down search results. The number of filters applied is noted in the colored number by the filters field.
Viewing settlements by merchant
On the Merchant details page, we added a new Settlements tab on the top navigation that displays all associated settlements.