Note: At the time of publication, Finix is redesigning the user interface of the Dashboard. Some functions or features may look different. Check back for updates.
This document uses mock data from Finix's sandbox environment. Some features and functions may be unavailable depending on your platform configuration.
We have added a new Custom Fee feature to the Dashboard. The Custom Fee feature allows Platforms to create a fee that can be charged to a merchant. The fee is a one-time fee and is not tied to a transfer and cannot be bulk applied to multiple merchants.
Prior to creating and applying a custom fee to a merchant, a few requirements must be met:
- The user must have ROLE_PLATFORM or ROLE_USER credentials
- The Identity must have at least one merchant/processor
To create and apply a custom fee:
Note: This workflow can be accessed through both the Identities and the Merchants header. For this article, we will be focusing on accessing the Custom Fee feature through the Identities header.
1. Navigate to the Identities header on the left navigation.
2. Select an Identity from the table. This brings up the details page. At the top of the screen, on the Create Adjustment button, click the drop-down to select Create Merchant Fee.
3. In the pop-up window, you can create a custom one-time fee that will be immediately charged to the merchant. Enter in the following information:
- Label (description of the fee)
4. Click the Create button. A success message will appear at the top of the screen indicating the custom fee has been created and applied. On the details page, you will see custom fee information.